5 habits that will get you burning fat (and the steps that get you there)!
Here at TFW Portland, we're all about making those habits easier to establish.
Break them down with some of these micro progressions and let us know what you think down below!
1. Eat until you are 80% full
- Sit down to eat for 20 whole minutes
- Set down the fork in between bites
- Eat off a smaller plate
2. MORE VEGGIES!
- Batch cook veggies 1X per week (What's available gets used)
- Add veggies to your breakfast
- Eat a cup of veggies with each meal (Which veggies, you ask? Click HERE)
3. Get your protein requirements in
- Drink a smoothie upon waking (with a scoop of protein)
- Eat a palm's worth of protein with each meal
- Only 6 oz of meat protein per day (or less)
4. Don't forget healthy carbohydrates w/ each meal
- Eat whole foods only
- Carbs and fibrous veggies together
- Eat carbs 2 hours before and after workouts
5. No liquid calories
- Drink 2L of water each day
- Drink water, tea, black coffee only
- Limit your alcohol consumption to 1-2 nights per week